An electronics manufacturer was using a component that no longer worked in the product they made and couldn't be fixed because it was no longer supported. They asked ILR to redesign the subsystem that used the component so that it was:
- easily integrated into existing manufacturing process
- built to enable wider functionality of the product
- able to give the existing design a new lease of life beyond solving the initial problem
- easily supported in the future.
Because we solved this problem ahead of schedule, the client was able to use our services to further rejuvenate the product through added features they would not have been able to include otherwise.
Wireless network product
A client skilled in software design took on ILR to manage the hardware design of the product. They had an idea of what they needed but did not have the specialised skills or time to design the hardware properly.
ILR quickly designed a solution that was simply framed in spite of its complexity and accurately addressed the core problem. Working with the engineering team we then used rapid prototyping to solve small components of the problem at a time.
Image processing hardware
This project involved the development of image processing hardware for Food and Drug Administration approval in the United States.
Other projects that give an overview of our skills include:
- Independent code review: Studying the maintainability of code, identifying risks in handing the code from development to production and support and the real cost of building the code in the time spent
- Third party documentation: Reverse engineering a clients product and using this knowledge to write its documentation when a development team facing tight deadlines didn't invest time in documentation. The client knew that documentation was an important part of the quality and support of the product and wanted to capture design knowledge so they were not left vulnerable when team members left the company
- Manufacturing review: Analysing the ease of building a design for a particular product and understanding risks such as component sourcing and early failures.
The clients in these highly sensitive projects are available to provide testimonials where appropriate - please contact us to arrange an introduction.